Everybody likes burgers and off course we have the best easy backpacker recipe for you! At Amstel, we are famous for our summer Burger BBQs. It has been known to start a good party or two. Home made burgers taste so much better than the ones you buy in the supermarket, but if you’re really running out of time, you could use those as a base as well.
Ingredients (serves 2)
1/2 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
1/2 eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
2 tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
2 tbsp hummus
For the burgers
160 gr. minced meat
pinch of salt and pepper
1/2 red onion, chopped
little piece of stale bread
a pinch of cumin, oregano, chilipowder, coriander powder
hand of aragula leaves
1. Knead the minced meat, egg, chopped onion and some of the available or desired spices in a bowl and season with pepper and salt.
2. Now form two burgers with your hands and let them rest in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
3. In the meanwhile you can grill your veggies on either a grill pan or in the oven (15 min. 180 degrees). If you’re using an oven, you could grill your tomatoes as well.
4. Now bake or (better!) grill/BBQ your burgers until they’re done, but still a bit juicy and rare from the inside.
5. Cover the bottom of your bun with hummus and serve the burgers with the grilled veggies on top!
Craving for more recipes? To celebrate our brand new kitchen here at the Amstel House Hostel Berlin we are sending at least one easy backpacker recipe a week into cyberspace. We’re aiming for at least 25 easy backpacker recipes in total. Check all recipes so far here.