First put a few songs of popular French singer Zaz in your playlist. Actor Russel Crow has already fallen madly in love with her voice and we suggest you play her music while reading on to get into the Paris mood!
Summer holidays are around the corner 〰∇∇∇〰 and chances are you are going on some sort of trip. Today we have a super useful tutorial for any trip; we’ll show you how to create a personal travel map with Google Maps. You can keep all your hot spots – restaurants you want to visit, the place you stay at, cultural highlights – in one place. It will save you hours as you now have the shortest route between the hot spots at your fingertips.
- Go to My Maps on Google Maps
- In the search bar on the top type in the name of the city or region you will visit
- On the left hand side where it says ‘Untitled’ type in the name of your map. We named this one ‘Berlin Hot Spots’
- Now in the search bar on the top, just type in the name of the places you wish to visit. You don’t have to know the exact address, Google will automatically generate the location of your hot spot. We started with your best place to stay in Berlin, the Amstel House Hostel Berlin. Obviously ^_* Click on the location on the left and a box will open with details of the location. Click Add to Map if you are sure you want to add this as one of your hot spots.
- Repeat step 4 for all the hot spots you wish to visit.
- You can click any location on the left and alter it’s name or add a personal description by clicking the pencil.
- It’s also good to give all the hot spots ‘genres’ a different color. For instance, we made all our cultural hot spots yellow. You can even click ‘more icons’ and add icons to your locations. For instance, we picked a train for Berlin’s main train station.
- So that’s it; you’ve created your own personal map! To access it, simply go to My Maps on your phone:
Android: My Maps app
iPhone: Go to My Maps via this link (open Safari)
- All your customized maps will come up. Pick the one you want and it will also show your current location. To save data usage, preload the map and the route to hot spots you wish to visit that day while you are in the wifi zone of your accommodation. Turn 3/4G off and Google Maps will still show you where you are and what route to take all day! Reload a next route when you hit the next wifi zone.
- Enjoy your travels! You can access our Berlin Hot Spots map here.
Hippies to celebrities. Sun worshippers to clubbers. Ibiza is a favourite holiday destination for many. The list of local hot spots is endless but here are some of our favourite Ibiza hot spots.
FOOD & DRINKS
When you travel to Asia or Australia chances are you have an overlap in Singapore. Instead of sticking to the usual tourist tours, we give you the top 30 insider Singapore hot spots and hidden gem tips; the very best shops, restaurants, bars and museums in town.
If the big luxury like brands like Chanel, Louis Vuitton fall outside your budget and taste, then the neighbourhoods Tiong Bahru and Little India (especially Haji Lane) offer a great solution! You will find the smaller boutique shops here and cheerful coffee and lunch hot spots. Continue reading
Yes, we ♡ Berlin. But every now and then we like to wonder the world to look for a bit of adventure and inspiration ourselves. Our marketing team is in Asia right now and just visited BackHome, the #1 coolest hostel in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia).
BackHome is a boutique hostel, centrally located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur’s historical center. And the design and atmosphere of the place make you want to stay there forever! Laze in their spacious courtyard with a book or free wifi. Enjoy a well deserved meal and sip a lattee at their in-house cafe (called LOKL). Watch a movie in their cinema room. Or socialise and check local hot spot tips with the super friendly staff. Chances are you won’t leave the hostel though. It’s truly a downtown oasis!
And a few hot spot tips for a visit to Kuala Lumpur by the lovely folks of BackHome:
Kampung Baru: Malay streetfood Continue reading
WHERE TO SLEEP
We are smitten with Ace Hotel. From tiny rooms to loft, they are al dandy spectacular and at a perfect location in the center of Manhattan.Since its opening in 2012 we added a new favorite to our wish list; the Whyte Hotel (picture above) in the hot & hip Williamsburg (Brooklyn) area.
Although nothing is cheap in the Big Apple, for one night at these two hotels you can get the royal treatment at the Amstel House Berlin for over a week so let’s get more realistic… More budget friendly options are Continue reading
Nice food, yummy chocolates, great beers and a vibrant night life. What’s not to love about Antwerp? A great stop over if you’re travelling between Amsterdam and Paris! With our hot spot tips below you will get the most out of Antwerp.
WHERE TO START YOUR DAY
Get your wake up shot at Kolonel Coffee. It’s the absolute best start of your day. Whether it is recovering from a hangover or getting ready for some city exploring. Kobe is the young barista who Continue reading
Berlin-Mitte, specially around Weinmeisterstraße & Rosenthaler Platz, is a very fashionable, hip, cool area. Ya… we could say it is hipster. There are many nice cafés, good restaurants, fun bars, local fashion designers and art galleries, besides the fact that the cute architecture, small urban parks and nice surrounding makes it a pleasure to walk around. Here some Amstel tips for the area.
Besides the fact that the weather is just been marvellous and that Berlin gets specially special in sunny days, we have come up with 6 reasons for you to come to the city for Easter: Continue reading