As the Amstel House loves the Dutch visitors (and has a Dutch owner…) we have a soft spot for them. We never knew they could cook though… But Dutch actress Mira proves us wrong. She has her own cake company ‘La Dolce Mira‘ and bakes cakes that will give your grandma a run for her money. But she also makes some delicious savoury dishes, something that is proved by the pasta alla Mira recipe below. Her pasta with anchovies is delicious, and above all: easy peasy.
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
200 gr pasta (preferably one with a short and thick shape, like fusili, but spagghetti will do)
3 salted anchovies + its oil
250 gr of cherry tomatoes
Handfull basil leaves (optional)
Parmesan cheese to garnish (optional)
- Cook the pasta according the package
- In the meanwhile, fry the anchovies in the oil that comes with it
- Add the tomatoes (you don’t need to cut them first!)
- Optionally add basil, and let shimmer until it becomes a thick sauce
- Mix the sauce with the pasta, serve with some lemon, freshly ground black pepper, basil and, if you want, parmesan.