Amstel House GmbH is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) –
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Accessing our website / automatically collected access data
You are able to visit our websites without disclosing any information about your person. Only access data that are automatically transferred by your browser will then be collected.
- The access data include, in particular:
- the IP address of the device used for access,
- the date and time of access,
- the address of the visited website and the requesting website,
- information about the used browser and the operating system,
- online identifiers (for example device IDs, session IDs).
The data processing of this access data is necessary to enable the visit to the website and to ensure the long term functionality and security of our systems. The access data are also temporarily stored in internal log files for the aforementioned purposes in order to create statistical data about the use of our website, to further develop our website regarding the usage habits of our visitors (for example, when the share of mobile devices being used to access the website increases) and to maintain our website in the general administrative sense. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b and f of the GDPR. The information stored in the log files does not allow any direct conclusion to your person – in particular, we only store the IP addresses in a shortened, anonymized form. The log files are stored for 30 days and will be archived after subsequent anonymization.
You have several different options for contacting us. These include our contact form. In this context, we process data exclusively for the purpose of communicating with you. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b of the GDPR. The data we collect through the contact form will be automatically deleted after the complete processing of your request, unless we require your request to be able to fulfill our contractual or legal obligations (see the section “Storage duration”). Additionally, we evaluate guests’ opinions about our hostels and hotels in anonymized form and display these on our websites. When doing so, we collaborate with Customer Alliance, an independent rating service provider that operates intelligent feedback systems.
During an order process, we collect necessary data for the execution of the contractual agreement (booking information): first and last name, e-mail address, address, information on whether guest is a minor, desired room. Optional information necessary for booking additional services is possible (for example: breakfast, early arrival, late departure, parking, pets, public transport tickets, lunch offer). The legal basis for the aforementioned processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b of the GDPR.
As an alternative to entering your booking data with us, you can also register directly into our booking system through specific payment service providers. In this case, you will be forwarded directly to the relevant service provider for payment after logging in (see section “Payment”). In addition, the data stored with the service provider (first and last name, e-mail address, address) will be forwarded to us for booking purposes.
We offer different methods of payment. The only information we receive is that the payment has been completed. In the case of payment by direct debit or credit card, we forward you to the following service payment provider:
ASSD GmbH | Hauptstr. 8b | 82008 Unterhaching (near Munich) | Germany
The processing of data by the aforementioned payment service providers is based on our legitimate interest, according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b and f of the GDPR, in providing our guests with comfortable and secure payment with a service provider of their choice.
Analytics and advertising
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service. It is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”. These are text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
Google Analytics cookies are stored based on Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO. The website operator has a legitimate interest in analyzing user behavior to optimize both its website and its advertising.
We have activated the IP anonymization feature on this website. Your IP address will be shortened by Google within the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area prior to transmission to the United States. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services regarding website activity and Internet usage for the website operator. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with any other data held by Google.
You can prevent these cookies being stored by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. However, we wish to point out that doing so may mean you will not be able to enjoy the full functionality of this website. You can also prevent the data generated by cookies about your use of the website (incl. your IP address) from being passed to Google, and the processing of these data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Objecting to the collection of data
You can prevent the collection of your data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set to prevent your data from being collected on future visits to this site: Disable Google Analytics.
We use “Google reCAPTCHA” (hereinafter “reCAPTCHA”) on our websites. This service is provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”).
reCAPTCHA is used to check whether the data entered on our website (such as on a contact form) has been entered by a human or by an automated program. To do this, reCAPTCHA analyzes the behavior of the website visitor based on various characteristics. This analysis starts automatically as soon as the website visitor enters the website. For the analysis, reCAPTCHA evaluates various information (e.g. IP address, how long the visitor has been on the website, or mouse movements made by the user). The data collected during the analysis will be forwarded to Google.
The reCAPTCHA analyses take place completely in the background. Website visitors are not advised that such an analysis is taking place.
Data processing is based on Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO. The website operator has a legitimate interest in protecting its site from abusive automated crawling and spam.
Our website measures conversions using visitor action pixels from Facebook, Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”).
These allow the behavior of site visitors to be tracked after they click on a Facebook ad to reach the provider’s website. This allows an analysis of the effectiveness of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes and their future optimization.
You can also deactivate the custom audiences remarketing feature in the Ads Settings section at https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/?entry_product=ad_settings_screen. You will first need to log into Facebook.
If you do not have a Facebook account, you can opt out of usage-based advertising from Facebook on the website of the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/de/praferenzmanagement/.
7. Plugins and tools
Our website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited.
If you’re logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
YouTube is used to help make our website appealing. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of YouTube under https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
Google Web Fonts
For uniform representation of fonts, this page uses web fonts provided by Google. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web fonts is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our website. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.
This site uses the Google Maps map service via an API. It is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
To use Google Maps, it is necessary to save your IP address. This information is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The provider of this site has no influence on this data transfer.
The use of Google Maps is in the interest of making our website appealing and to facilitate the location of places specified by us on the website. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of Google at https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you
- to provide you a service
- to communicate
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
You can toggle the cookies in use here:
Below you can choose which kind of cookies you allow on this website. Click on the "Save cookie settings" button to apply your choice.
If you wish to delete all cookies in use, you can do so by clicking here:
Right of revocation and objection In accordance with Article 7 para. 2 of the GDPR, you have the right to revoke a consent once given to us at any time. As a result, we will not continue to process data based on this consent in the future. The revocation of consent does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent prior to the revocation.
Insofar as we process your data on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f of the GDPR, you have the right, in accordance with Art. 21 of the GDPR, to appeal against the processing of your data if there are reasons for this due to your particular situation or if your appeal concerns an objection to direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without requesting reasons. If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, it is sufficient to send us an informal message using the aforementioned contact details. 10. Data security We maintain updated technical measures to guarantee data security and, in particular, to protect your personal data from dangers during data transfers as well as from the acquisition of data by third parties. These measures are adjusted and updated to the newest technological standards for each of them. In order to secure the personal information you provide via our website, we use Transport Layer Security (TLS), which encrypts the information you enter.
Amstel House Hostel Berlin
Waldenserstraße 31, 10551 Berlin
Fon +49-30-395 40 72
Fax +49-30-396 50 92
Phone: +49 228 997799 0
Last modification was made June 7, 2018.